Pollo Amarillo Chili (2005 McGovern Cook-off Winner)

this is the recipe for my chili. this chili was cooked in a crock pot for a very long time. I also coated the chopped chicken breasts in dried chili powder the day before I started cooking it all. as with all my chili recipes, the amount of each ingredient is up to the individual chef's taste and good judgment. I used a 4.5 quart crock pot and about 2 lbs of chicken breasts and 2lb of ground chicken, for example.

here're the ingredients:

dried green chili powder
boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, chopped
ground chicken
chopped Vidalia onion
cloves garlic, finely chopped and/or whole
cannelloni (white) beans
ground cumin
ground coriander
sour cream (hint: add at the very end, to taste)
calypso sauce (very hot)
yellow pepper paste (apprx 15,000 scoville units)
white corn
chopped cilantro
sugar
salt
pepper
corn meal (if needed to thicken or for texturing)

Popular Posts