A Tasty & Low Fat Breakfast Sandwich

I credit academic success during my formative years to scrapple and bagelettes- these foods provided the protein I needed to concentrate in school and retain multiplication tables, spelling, and may have fueled my 4th grade obsession with geography.

I discovered the importance of a good breakfast and love breakfast sandwiches. Unfortunately, this is typically an unhealthy habit, especially when satisfied by sandwiches sold at gas stations, WaWa, Quality Dairy, or fast food chains.

So I took matters into my own hands and invented these a couple weeks ago. Since then, Cori and I have eaten them every few mornings. There's only about 5 grams of fat and plenty of soy protein in one sandwich.

Here is what you need:
One Morningstar Veggie Sausage Patties
One English muffin (I recommend Bays whole wheat muffins)
One slice of pepper jack cheese (sandwich size)

-Quickly pan fry Morningstar Veggie Sausage pattie; if it was frozen you can microwave it for about 30 seconds and then brown and crisp it in a pan.
-Toast English muffin
-Melt cheese on pattie in pan.
-Place on toasted muffin and enjoy.

Your morning will be off to a healthy and satisfying start. Consider making and refrigerating or freezing a batch for easy microwaving. (Let me know how that goes, as I haven't tried it yet.)

~Dominic

Popular Posts