Cumin Roasted Cauliflower


I’ve had a few requests for this recipe/method, so I thought I’d add it to the blog. When the weather turns chilly, I crave this.

1 medium head cauliflower, green leaves removed
Generous sprinklings of salt, pepper, and garlic powder
More than generous sprinkling of cumin
Olive oil
Bacon fat (optional)

Preheat your oven to about 450°. Clean the cauliflower and break it into florets. Peel and cut the stems into chunks, too. Spread it all out in a single layer on a greased baking sheet and season generously with S & P, garlic powder, and a ton of cumin. Lightly coat with olive oil, and a few dabs of bacon fat, if you want (and I always want). Roast for about 40-45 minutes, stirring midway through. You may want take this opportunity to refresh the cauliflower with even more cumin.

This sounds like a long cooking time and it is, but you want the cauliflower to be well-browned. It will be crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. It takes all of my self-control to not eat the entire head off the pan as it is cooling. Sometimes I fail.
-Elena

Comments

Rachee said…
I am going to try this! I have all of these ingredients and going for it.
Thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts