Zucchini Soup

I served it room temp (because it is stinkin' hot here) with a dollop of sour cream and a basil leaf in each bowl.

Here goes: (actually I just adapted it from the Silver Palate Zucchini and Watercress Sour recipe)

!/2 stick of butter
2 cups small dice onions
2-3 cloves minced garlic
2 small potatoes cut in small dice
about 4 medium zucchini cut into small chunks
parsley, basil, salt and black pepper--lots of parsley and fresh basil.
about 4 cups of chicken broth

Saute onions, garlic, potatoes in butter till soft, add zucchini and seasonings. Saute awhile till zucchini gets tender, add broth. Let cool, then puree in food processor. Oh, I also added some diced fresh tomatoes as I wanted to use them up. I am making another batch tomorrow which I will freeze for the winter and serve hot.

~Lucille

Comments

Popular Posts