Tomato and Chick Pea Salad

I often buy the small portions of Tomato and Chick Pea Salad from Au Bon Pain to go along with my lunch. It is so tasty! I’ve been wondering, though why I spend money on it when I could probably so easily whip it up at home. Another benefit of making it at home is that I can have more control of what goes into it (no unpronounceable chemicals) and dress it up as I see fit. It was a great idea!

1 lb or so tomatoes cut up into smallish pieces or cubes
1 15oz can chick peas, drained
½ finely chopped jalapeño, or the equivalent amount of any pepper
½ cup cucumber cut into small cubes
¼ finely diced onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
freshly-ground black pepper to taste
a few sprinkles of cumin (not the tons I usually recommend)
a few squirts of fresh lemon juice

Combine all ingredients and leave alone for a few minutes before eating to let the flavors get to know each other better.

Comments

Popular Posts